Blue Ball Monkey

Blue Ball Monkey

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Where I Am - Where I Went

Just to give everyone a little perspective on the weekend trip we all took (all 14 of us), I thought I'd show you on the map. 
Before I show the map, I had to add this photo of the ugly cat from the resort. 
  
HCM to Phan Thiet (Mui Ne)
From HCM to Phan Thiet (Mui Ne) on that big red line is about 100 miles.  That big red line is not a four lane highway.  It's two lane at best but it's a major highway and it took us 5 1/2 HOURS!!!!!. Let me mention again, there were 14 of us -- in a mini-bus.  It was a Vietnamese Family Adventure. On the way back, there were 15 of us, but it was much quieter.  The kids (and adults) were tired AND Scott was with us.  Still took 5 1/2 hours, but the scenery was nice and I got to see a part of the country that I wouldn't have seen otherwise.  There are lots of dormant volcanoes, lots of rubber tree plantations, and lots of Dragon Fruit groves.
Dragon Fruit

Dragon Fruit Groves (That's what I call them)

No comments:

Post a Comment